We are OPEN!!!
In order to keep the post open (and protect our liquor license), the officers, employees and volunteers of Post 62 are still working to ensure the post will be ready for whatever the next phase might (or will) be. This means you should be prepared for the following changes:
- Masks and/or face shields will be worn by all employees, volunteers, members and guests. Most everyone already has masks for everyday items like grocery shopping, medical visits, etc. ADA doesn't give you a blanket exemption in cases in which health or safety could be compromised by a “direct threat.” A direct threat is “a significant risk to the health or safety of others that cannot be eliminated by a modification of policies.” By not wearing a mask, you could be that direct threat simply by being asymptomatic (and not knowing it). NOTE: For people who think that wearing a face mask made of mesh, crochet (yarn) or lace will bypass the intent of wearing a mask or shield; you won't be allowed in.
- Once you are seated, you may remove masks or shields while actively eating or drinking. You can't get up go to the bathroom without placing your mask/shield back on. These temporary rules also prohibit standing and mingling (no loitering, so to speak...)
- A change to the seating layout. There is NO no open seating. Like a restaurant, someone from the post will escort you to a table or bar top.
- A temporary establishment of opening and closing times (10 am to 8 pm Monday through Sunday).
- The suspension of the following activities: Dancing, Karaoke, and games such as shuffleboard, pool, Bar Bingo and the Queen of Hearts.
Please visit this website often as more information becomes available. Also see our newsletter as well.
Enforcement of House Rules
Lately, there have been a series of incidents where members and / or guests have been using foul language or physical action against employees and members of our Post to vent their frustrations.
Everyone who uses the Post will see that we have our House Rules posted in the Social Quarters by the pool tables, and the north double-door entrance. In the Bingo Hall, it is also there next to the long red table.
These House Rules are posted to guide the conduct of post attendees, and immediate enforcement of these rules are for the safety of everyone @ Post 62. For members who bring guests into the post, it is YOUR responsibility to familiarize them with the House Rules. Failure to abide by these House Rules could result in your being refused service and directed to leave.
SUSPENDED ACTIVITIES, MEETINGS; ETC:
Due to a resurgence in COVID-19 cases, Thursday Bingo has been discontinued; and Saturday Bingo has been suspended until October!!!!!
The Post has instituted social distancing measures. Certain tables and chairs/bar stools will not be available for use UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE! Please, do NOT move any existing tables or chairs without permission from a Post Officer or employee. Any incident could result in a fine being levied against the Post and a loss of our liquor license...and possible closure.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as changes are warranted.